Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010...

http://www.kelso.wednet.edu/wallace/2010newyear_lights_preview.jpg

I've learned several things about myself this past year.   Things like... if I don't make goals, I'll never push myself to succeed.  And if I don't have accountability to those goals...then I tend to forget about them.

I've never been one for making New Years Resolutions...  I thrive on setting goals and working hard to achieve them.   So, I've sat down and compiled a list of what I think are realistic goals for 2010.  I hope to write a post each month listing what I hope to achieve in that month.  But, for now, here are my 2010 Goals...


:: Personal Goals ::

:: Deepen my relationship with my Heavenly Father ::

This is a big one for me.  So often I get busy and forget to read my Bible and pray.  I really want to read through the Bible in a year, but for now I'm going to just say that my goal is to read at least 1 Chapter Every day and built up prayer time as the days pass.

 ::Be the helpmeet my Husband needs and Continue working on my skills as a homemaker::
Marriage is still so new to me and sometimes I am not the best wife I can be for my husband.  There are so many areas where I've failed and want to do better.  I want to focus on respecting and encouraging him this year.  It means so much to him knowing I respect his decisions and encourage him in his dreams. 

:: Stay in better contact with Family and Friends ::

Since we married and moved out of state last March, I haven't made many friend.  None really.  It's been a really lonely time in my life...and those first few months were the worst!   I didn't call friends and/or family because I was so homesick, but that is a lot better now so I want to keep up with what is going on in the lives of those who are most important to me. 




:: Find new hobbies and expand my knowledge in them ::

I am interested in so many areas... crafts, DIY Projects, Photography, etc.  There are so many  things I want to do and learn.  I'm hoping I'll have a chance to expand my knowledge in a few of those areas this year.

:: Eat better and exercise more ::

Andrew and I have both made it one of our goals to eat better and loose weight in 2010.  I was hesitant to write this one down because of the fact that everyone lists weight loss as one of their new years resolutions.   I am going to start by cutting back on portions and walking at least 3 miles per week.  We are going to do this together and keep at it until we lose the weight we need to lose and feel better.  We are not only doing this to look and feel better, but so that we'll be healthier in the future and live life to the fullest!


:: Cooking Goals ::
Try at least 2 new recipes a month  I know 2 recipes doesn't sound like many knew ones to learn, but for me...that's a lot!  I wanted to start out small and work my way up.  And I've already tried one new recipe this month so I'm off to a great start!       
Make a Menu Plan every week this year   Last year I did pretty well, but I slacked off a few weeks.  I want to see if I can pull it off and make one every week this year. 

:: Financial Goals ::


:: Work out a new budget for this year and stick to it! ::  Andrew and I sat down last August and were shocked at the total of how much we were paying for groceries every month!   Once we realize we were spending so much,  we sat down and wrote out a budget.  I have to be honest and say that we haven't always stuck with our budget, but we've come pretty close to it!

When I added up our totals for the last 4 months of 2009 I was beyond thrilled to see that we had saved over $2,600.00 by simple creating a budget and sticking close to it!   

:: Continue tracking our savings and spending each month :: { maybe weekly totals for some shopping trips}  I hope to post monthly on all of the grocery shopping and add up our totals.  This was such a HUGE help to be in 2009 and I want to continue this in 2010!

Save, Save, Save...Andrew and I are on a tighter than tight budget, but we both want to be able to save.  My plan is to set aside a certain amount each month -- we are starting out small, but hope to add more each month as they pass.  I also plan on putting any Rebate Refunds I receive into our savings account.



:: Blogging Goals ::



I am hoping to spend more time on my blogs this next year.  I have had all sorts of creative juices flowing these past couple of weeks and I'm excited to see what the future holds for both Southern Pathways and my Financial Blog.     My goal right now is to write at least two posts per week on my personal blog and to make Sunday Worship posts a weekly occurrence on my blog. 

:: Goals for Southern Savings ::

:: Write at least Two Articles a Month :: I am really working hard writing articles for an upcoming series I'll be posting to help you learn how to use coupons, maximize your savings, track your earning/spending, and lots more!  

:: Purchase a Domain :: I've really been wanting to do this for awhile, but I've held off to make sure I would continue to enjoy blogging about deals, freebies, coupons, etc... and I have!  I love doing this and hope to continue doing this for a long time to come!

:: Begin to earn an income through SS :: this is a big one for me.  I've been wanting to get a part time job for the past several months, but I've been unable to find anything without have to work on Saturday and/or Sunday.  It is important for me to have those days off since that is when my husband is off, so nothing has working out so far.  I'm hoping to start earning at least a little through this site and maybe eventually a part time {I'm too scare to say full time!} income!

:: Start posting grocery and drugstore coupon match ups :: this is something I hope to be launching once I start my article series.  I've learned so much through match ups myself and I always am able to snagged good deals because of them...so I want to share!

So there you have it...my Goal's for 2010!   I'll be writing monthly updates on how I am doing and what progress we are making.   What are some of ya'lls goals for this next year?

signature

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Search Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Template by Ourblogtemplates Designed by Southern Savings