Saturday, January 2, 2010

End of the Year 2009 Shopping Totals...


grocery shopping

There were a lot of changes for us this year...
Andrew and I married this past March
Moved into our rent home mid-May
and where shocked by our budget in mid-August.

Since we didn't sit down to write out a budget until Mid-August, it was into the better part of September before we really got into shopping the sales and using coupons.

Today, as I write this post, we have a wonderful stockpile going, the fridge is full, and our freezer is packed!

I won't say it has been an easy journey towards a more frugal lifestyle, but I will say that it is one decision I will never regret!   We became more frugal in our living mainly due to the fact that we had to, but also because we were shocked at what a buggy {don't laugh...that's what we call 'em here in the South!} full of grocery cost from Wal-Mart!  

Thus began would journey towards a more frugal lifestyle.  I created this blog mainly for myself at first, as a way to keep track of my purchases and any online deals that I found.  In August, when we became more serious in using coupons, we gained a few readers.  I'm so glad to have met all of you!  Being able to share deals with ya'll has been amazing.   I may not be the best at this shopping and saving deal, but I hope you've learned a thing or two from our site!   Thank you all so much for subscribing to Southern Savings!

And now our 2009 Grocery Shopping Totals!
All Totals are from September - December  2009 
and include all grocery and cleaning products only.



Total Value: $2,181.51
 Total Coupons: $974.55
Total Out of Pocket: $832.51   {$46.25 per week}

Total Saved: $1,493.62 

Once I added in my trips from Walgreens {where I mainly purchase  cleaning, household, and health products {and occasionally a few groceries} our 2009


Total Overall Savings = $2,670.55!

How did ya'll do this year?

I hope seeing just how much we've saved in the last half of 2009 will help spur you onto living a more frugal lifestyle yourselves!     I plan on writing upcoming posts on how to start couponing, finding the best deals, and a few other ideas that are floating around!

If you ever have any questions, feel free to email me at SouthSavings@gmail.com and I'll be happy to answer any question you might have.

Thank you all so much for following Southern Savings!  Here is to saving MORE in 2010!!

Blessings,
  ~Meg 




{monthly savings broken down by month...

Total August Savings = $177.67
Total September Savings = $544.82
Total October Savings = $92.63
Total November Savings = $571.02
Total December Savings = $949.88
Savings YTD = $2,670.55
Total Online earnings = $54.00 }

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Search Living Well Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Template by Ourblogtemplates Designed by Southern Savings